Do you need a reliable, efficient and low cost delivery service?
With Ireland’s largest parcels network, An Post offers you high quality, low cost, parcel and packet deliveries which you can count on.
Choose the Service for you
An Post is Ireland’s largest parcel provider and offers several different service levels which have been designed according to what’s important to you.
Does your business send parcels?
To find the best solution for your business CallSave our Business Desk on 1850 262 362. You can also check our postal rates.
Size & Weight Guide
All items larger than a Packet are classified as Parcels. These include all large boxed items such as electrical goods, components, irregularly shaped items and cylindrical shaped items such as large posters and point-of-sale materials.
The Parcel rate of postage caters for items up to the following size dimensions and is subject to a physical & dimensional weight limit of 20kg.
Length: 1.5 metres
Length: + Girth 3 metres (girth = 2 x (Depth + Width))
Find out more about limits and dimensions...
Do you need more information on shape and size?
Prepare your Parcel for Postage
The largest most stable side of your parcel is the base; the opposite side is the top.
- Place the correct postage in the upper right-hand corner on the top of your parcel.
- Please use the full postal address. Where an address has a postal/zip code, please make sure to include it.
- Always include your return address
- When sending parcels abroad you will need a customs declaration form.
- International parcels with a value greater than €300, use the CP72
- All other items should have a CN22
- Complete the relevant form in full and attach to your parcel
- These forms are available at your local Post Office.
- Fragile items need appropriate packaging & labelling.
- Please affix the service label to the top of your parcel.
(The largest most stable side of your parcel is the base; the opposite side is the top).
- If you choose a signature service, please remember we are unable to deliver to a PO Box.
For additional tips on packing & wrapping a parcel, (new window, pdf) see our Guide to Postal Services.
Track your Parcel
You can track your item online by simply entering the barcode number from the label or the receipt given to you at the Post Office.
The bar code number is two letters with nine numbers ending in ie, for example RR 1234 5678 9 IE
(new window, pdf) For further information on insurance, international shipments, or prohibited items, and more, please see our Guide to Postal Services.
Standard Post offers a reliable way to send your parcels without any additional costs. Every working day we deliver more than 3 million items to over 1.5 million addresses up and down the country. Through our network, An Post enables you to send parcels reliably.
Standard Post Rates | Standard Post Service Information
Registered Post provides you with a signature to verify delivery and limited insurance to anywhere in Ireland and just about anywhere in the world. You can even track your delivery on the internet for items sent within Ireland and certain countries abroad.
Registered Post Rates| Registered Post Service Information
Express Post guarantees next working day delivery, by close of business, to any address in the Republic of Ireland. You can track delivery online and, for an additional fee you can have a signature proof of delivery and insurance.
Express Post Rates| Express Post Service Information
The quick, simple and secure way to send a document or parcel worldwide, delivered by An Post and DHL Express. With internet tracking, signature proof of delivery and insurance cover included, you can be guaranteed we're with you every step of the way. Available only at selected Post Offices.
International Courier Service Rates| International Courier Service Information
With Priority Parcel International we'll make your parcel our priority on its way to any of 15 international destinations*. With internet tracking, proof of delivery, recipient signature and inclusive transit liability, we're with you every step of the way.
* Great Britain, Austria, Belguim, Denmark, France, Germany, Iceland, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Portugal, Slovakia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and USA.
Priority Parcel Rates| Priority Parcel Service Information