Irish Consumer Behaviour Insights
Three times a year we listen to over 600 Irish consumers
We discuss how consumers interact with direct mail and how it influences their purchasing behaviours. Once a year we also carry out in-depth consumer attitudinal research on multiple media channels, see what they had to say.
Direct Mail Attitudinal Research
As part of our in-depth Direct Mail Attitudinal Research we look at:
- How consumers feel about direct mail
- Consumer attitudes to different advertising media
- How impactful different advertising media is on consumers
This research is conducted by Amárach on behalf of An Post in Q3 2009. Read the full report here.
Specific Market Segments:
18-25 year olds
A topline summary of research undertaken in February 2011, analysing how this difficult to reach market can be found, counter-intuitively, by direct mail and catalogues. Read the report here.
Research Definitions for Direct Mail
- Addressed Direct Mail: This is advertising or relationship management material that is the main content of a mailing to a specific person and postal address
- Unaddressed Direct Mail: This is advertising material that is sent through the post to an unnamed person, no postal address is displayed on the piece. Also known as Door Drops
- Transactional Direct Mail: This is advertising material that is included as additional content usually included with statements or bills. Also known as Billing communications.