Head of IT Service Delivery - An Post GTS
Head of IT Service Delivery, An Post GTS
An Post is a major commercial organisation providing a wide range of services which encompass postal, communication, retail and financial services. It is one of Ireland's largest companies directly employing over 9,000 people through its national network of retail, processing and delivery points. Technology is part of the An Post business enabling the provision of the services valued by our Customers.
We are recruiting a Head of Service Delivery.
Reporting to the CIO, and partnering with other members of the Senior IT Team in An Post, the Head of Service Delivery has overall responsibility for the effective and efficient delivery of internally managed and third party IT infrastructure used to support our business and delivery of great customer service.
The services overseen by this key management role include data centres, voice & data networks, desktop technology, retail POS technology, mobile devices, cloud, engineering, security, systems & database management and helpdesk services.
- Provision of IT services including effective and efficient delivery of internally managed and third party IT infrastructure used to support our business, ensuring availability of our systems while responding with the agility required to address changing business priorities.
- Leading the development of the Infrastructure & Operations (I&O) service strategy & technology roadmaps based on best practice processes & disciplines while ensuring its integration with the overall IT and enterprise strategic plans.
- Working with the IT senior leadership team on the service portfolio and governance required to prioritize resources, including budget.
- Developing and controlling the annual operating expenditure (opex) and capital expenditure (capex) budgets for I&O to ensure that it is consistent with the overall strategic objectives of IT and the enterprise, and is within plan.
- In context of the continuous innovation in An Post support of our digital transformation strategies, provide leadership for further development of our I&O services, adopting ITSM practices, toolsets and organisation to deliver a world class service culture
- Delivery of all services while identifying opportunities for automation, cost saving and service quality improvement.
- Ensuring sound financial management so that budget targets are achieved and value for money is delivered.
- Conducting product and vendor tender evaluations ensuring the selection of best in class technologies and partners.
- Managing vendor relationships and 3rd party service providers and managing the relationship with strategic partners in order to create value for the organisation.
- Promoting operational, technical, security and compliance best practice.
- Enhancing IT Service Management capability based on ITIL v3 principles to increase capability and maturity.
The Head of Service Delivery will have solid technical infrastructure experience, strong project management acumen and excellent vendor management skills, in addition to a superior, service-oriented approach to infrastructure operations.
The ideal candidate should possess the following competencies and skills:
- A business focused mindset in structuring I&O services
- Exceptional leadership skills, to work as part of a senior IT management team, with the ability to develop and communicate an I&O vision that inspires and motivates staff and aligns with the IT and business strategy
- Ability to build a strong partnership with the business and demonstrate the business value of IT
- A track record of effective influencing and negotiation skills with strong vendor management and partner relationship skills
- Excellent analytical, strategic conceptual thinking, strategic planning and execution skills
- Expertise in budget planning and financial management,
- Deep understanding of current and emerging I&O technologies and practices, and how other enterprises are employing them
- Application of appropriate regulatory or statutory compliance including PCI-DSS, GDPR, and information security
- Success in leveraging traditional best practices, such as ITSM, as well as emerging methods, such as DevOps
- Demonstrated ability to develop and execute a strategic people plan that ensures the right people are in the right roles at the right time, and staff are highly engaged and satisfied
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including the ability to explain technical concepts and technologies to business leaders and business concepts to I&O staff
- A relevant 3rd level or IT qualification e.g. MSc/BSc in computer science, information systems, business administration or equivalent work experience for this role.
Critical Competencies: (The following competencies are critical to the delivery of results and/or to superior performance in this role)
- Technical/professional knowledge
- Building Relationships
- Results Orientation
- Team Leadership
- Commercial awareness
- Change Advocate
How to apply If you feel you meet the specification outlined above, please send a detailed CV in strict confidence to the
HR Services Unit
Block 2D General Post Office
or email email@example.com
Closing date for receipt of applications is Monday 17 December 2018.
An Post is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome suitably qualified applicants from all sections of the community.