Ceadunas - bulk posting made easy
- for customers posting large volumes of mail
Do you regularly post large volumes of mail? Save time and increase efficiency by becoming a Ceadúnas customer
How does it work?
Under Ceadúnas (Prepaid Posting under Special Licence) customers who post large volumes of mail have an approved Ceadúnas logo (which denotes payment of postage) printed on their envelopes thereby eliminating the need to stamp or frank individual items.
You can register to pay by cheque at your chosen bulk mail acceptance office or open a Postal Deposit Account, this is a convenient way for frequent mailers to pay for their mailings. If you have a Postal Deposit Account you can choose to book and manage your bulk mailings online with eDocketing.
Step by step
First make sure you qualify for the service.
- The minimum volumes required per posting:
- Letters: 2,000 items
- Large Envelopes: 500 items
- Packets: 100 items
- All items in a posting should be of a similar size, weight & shape. Letters, parcels, newspapers and periodicals must conform to certain agreed dimensions (see Terms and Conditions).
Fill in the Ceadúnas application form and return to An Post.
Specific requirements are attached to Ceadúnas mail. See Terms and Conditions and also check the requirements in Guide to Discounts for Volume Mailers and Publication Services.
For further information contact 1850 26 23 62
Or write to us:
An Post Business Desk
Terms and conditions
- Present mail divided between local and forward e.g. in Dublin:
- Dublin city and county (local)
- All other places (forward)
- Present items bundled in 50's (for bulkier items bundle in 10's)
- Ceadúnas mail must be presented prior to 3pm in Dublin and 4pm elsewhere
- Mail must be presented with all addresses facing the same way.
- A return address must be on the front of the envelope in the top left hand corner
- Ceadúnas items must be presented at the approved designated post office or via an agreed An Post Collection.
- Ceadúnas mailings must be paid for in advance of, or at the time of, posting except where a Deposit account is used or where payment is via the central billing system.
- Present a docket for each individual posting with details of the number of items posted at each rate, product codes and the total number of items presented.
- Ensure that the cover of Ceadúnas items bears the approved pre-printed logo which denotes prepayment of postage.
- Ensure that the sample logo shown is the only acceptable design
- Ensure that the mail bearing postage stamps or franked impressions is not included with Ceadúnas items.
- Keep different service identifiers separate.
Ceadúnas Application Form Bank Guarantee Application
Glossary of Terms