Customer Insights and Database Marketing Manager
Customer Insights & Database Marketing Manager
This key management position is based in Dublin and will report to the Head of Direct Mail.
The Customer Insights & Database Marketing Manager will:
- effectively manage all consumer data sources within An Post to ensure that they are maintained to the highest standard and represent a significant competitive advantage to the organisation, whilst improving, in the process, the competitive position and reputation of An Post within the market place
- lead and manage the development and maintenance of the An Post Customer Databases (consumer & business), developing and protecting the single view of the customer, to meet Sales and Marketing objectives and maximise cross selling opportunities amongst existing customers
- lead and manage improvements to the quality of the customer data, managing internal and external benchmarking of the data and identify opportunities for improvements
- implement best practice data collection procedures and educate colleagues across An Post of the importance of adhering to them
- provide customer profiling, marketing reporting and segmentation analysisThis is to be achieved whilst improving in the process the competitive position and reputation of An Post within the market place.
Database Development and Maintenance
- Review all consumer databases to ensure currency, accuracy and viability.
- Quality analysis of An Post customer contact data.
- Lead the development and operation of the standards and procedures and audits that ensure capture of data accurately first time and ensure compliance with procedures and relevant legislation.
Customer Insights & Business Intelligence
- Deliver valuable customer insights than enables commercial decision making.
- Develop the internal data mining capability that delivers increased effectiveness and efficiency across the Sales, Marketing and TV Licensing areas.
- Provide demographic and geographic reporting and analysis of customer data to assist with marketing planning.
- Develop and support cross selling opportunities within the An Post customer base.
- Data Mining to support the segmentation model.
Insights from the data to support segmentation:
Consultancy & Market Development
- Develop understanding of existing customer behaviour.
- Propensity modelling to improve retention and acquisition.
- Develop capability to track the growth, decline and movement of segments over time.
- Develop capability to track the ROI of Direct Marketing over time.
- Deliver an internal capability that can be commercially exploited with key DM customers.
- Deliver leading edge data and customer segmentation tools.
The ideal candidate will:
- have significant experience in managing a wide range of databases across a single organisation
- have a proven track record of delivering significant commerial opportunity for company data
- be a results driven, business focussed, dynamic and energetic individual
- have strong IT skills, including in-depth knowledge of data storage systems, of geographic information systems, data-mining and Business Intelligence techniques.
- be educated to degree level in an appropriate discipline, with experience of working in direct marketing or a marketing discipline.
Salary range: €50k to €60k depending on experience plust attractive performance related bonus.
How to apply
If you feel you meet the specifications outlined above, please send a detailed CV, clearly indicating the position you are applying for, in strict confidence to:
HR Resourcing Manager
Block 2D, GPO
or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for receipt of applications is Friday 18th April 2008.