An Post is a major commercial organisation providing a wide range of postal, communication, retail and money transmission services. We are one of Ireland’s largest companies, directly employing almost 9,500 people through our national mail and retail network. An Post is an equal opportunities employer.
External Recruitment Policy
An Post recruits externally to fill entry level positions (details below) and to fill certain specialist positions in sales, marketing, finance, IT and technical roles. When applications are being sought for these positions they are usually advertised through a combination of advertisements in local and/or national newspapers, through FAS and on the internet, including this website. Selection for employment is through a competitive process involving aptitude tests, interviews, medical examination, security clearance and reference checks.
Basic entry level requirements
Applicants for employment in An Post must:
- have a good level of spoken and written English
- have good customer service and interpersonal skills
- have good team working skills
- have basic PC skills
- be eligible to work in Ireland
- Application form or CV as set out in the vacancy notice
- Aptitude tests: verbal, numerical, classification. You must pass the aptitude tests to be invited to the interview stage
- Interview: this will be a competitive interview in which the candidate will have to demonstrate to the interview board that he/she meets all the requirements for the job.
- Medical Examination: candidates have to undergo a pre-employment medical examination at the Company's expense to ensure that they are medically fit for work
- Security Clearance: because of the nature of the An Post business, the need to maintain customer confidence and to protect the Company's assets, interests and good name, convictions for certain criminal offences or membership of a proscribed organisation could be considered incompatible with employment in An Post.
- References: candidates will have to provide satisfactory employer and/or character references.
Current External Recruitment
We are not currently recruiting however please feel free to check this page from time to time for details of recuitment campaigns.