Put Your Stamp on Christmas!
Dublin, Tuesday May 28th: While summer officially begins this week, it’s only 210 days to Christmas 2018 and the An Post elves are already preparing for their busiest time of year. An Post today launched a poll asking the Irish public to #PutYourStampOnIt and have their say on what Christmas moments they would most like to see on the 2018 Christmas Stamps.
Visit anpost.ie/ChristmasComp or search ‘An Post’ on Facebook and ‘@postvox’ on Twitter to enter the poll. People all across Ireland can cast their vote until Friday, 1st June, 2018.
Once all the votes are in An Post will design the 2018 Christmas Stamps based on the winning theme. An Post will reveal the new range of Christmas stamps to the public in November, when the stamps go on sale in post offices and online.
The Christmas theme which proved most popular in earlier consumer research by An Post is the modern family customs which make Christmas special. The Irish public can now vote for one of the following top ten moments, in keeping with that theme, to be included on the 2018 Christmas stamps.
- Watching the Late Late Toy Show in your PJs
- Eating selection boxes in front of the fire
- Attending midnight Mass on Christmas Eve
- Picking up loved ones from the airport arrivals hall
- Proudly watching your children’s school Nativity play
- Visiting the local live crib
- Watching the Mrs Brown’s Boys Christmas special
- Attending the switching on of the local Christmas lights
- Preparing the family recipe for Christmas cake and pudding
- Getting ready for the arrival of Santa on Christmas Eve
Commenting on the campaign, Anna McHugh, Head of Corporate Communications, An Post, said: “This is a wonderful chance for all our customers to put their stamp on Christmas and to help An Post create stamps that will travel all across Ireland and around the world this Christmas – and to the North Pole! Sending a letter or card to loved ones is a very important part of Christmas and this year we are designing stamps which capture treasured Christmas moments for our customers. These stamps will be used to send millions of Christmas cards, parcels and letters, adding an extra special touch for those receiving Christmas mail.”
To vote, visit anpost.ie/christmascomp or search An Post on Facebook and @postvox on Twitter by Friday, 1st June, 2018.