How to get or renew your Irish Passport
Passport Express – No need to go to the passport office in Dublin!
How does it work?
Call into your local post offices with your completed Passport application and documentation.We will deliver to the passport office for priority handling. In 10 working days your new passport will be sent to you.
Please visit the Department of Foreign Affairs website at www.passport.ie for details on expected Passport Express turnaround times.
Step by step
- Pick up a passport application form at any Post Office or Garda Station.
- Complete the passport application form.
Advice on how to fill in the form is given in the notes that accompany it. If you need more help, information is also available on the Passport Service website [http://www.passport.ie/]
- Hand your application, and all relevant documentation, passport photos and signatures, in the special Passport Express envelope to the counter clerk. The Passport Express envelope is available at your local Post Office.
- Pay by Laser, cash or cheque (made payable to An Post, with cheque card). Check detail of costs at How Much Does Passport Express Cost? [How Much Does Passport Express Cost?].
- Keep the receipt the clerk gives you. This is important because it contains a record of the passport application number.
- This number is an important reference point for any queries which you may have with the Passport Service.
- It can also be used to track the progress of your passport application online available on the Passport Service website
- Your Passport will be sent to you by post in 10 working days*.