Return your shopping the easy way
The easy returns service from An Post. Simply print your returns label, attach it to your package and drop it off at your local Post Office!
How does it work?
The prepay An Post 'Return My Shopping' option it is now easier and cheaper for you to return an unwanted purchase! All you need to do is complete the online form and print off your returns label. Finally choose from having your item collected* or drop it off at a Post Office.
Please Note – You need access to a printer to use this service
- Visit returnmyshopping.ie
- Select the retailer you purchased from and the reason you are returning the item
- Choose from having your item collected (Dublin only), or drop it off at your local Post Office.
- Enter your details, including your retailer order reference
- Select your payment option
- print your label and attach it to the item you're returning.
How much?You can return your item at a Post Office for €3.95. While our collection service is available for only €7.50*
*Collection Service is available for Dublin addresses only.
Fill out the online return form and say goodbye to your unwanted items!
- We guarantee to deliver Items by close of business the next working day nationwide once items are collected by 1:00pm or presented at the Post Office counter before the latest time of posting.
- What is meant by “next working day”?
“Working day” is any day other than a Saturday or a Sunday or a public and/or bank holiday. Items posted in a Post Office on Friday before the latest time of posting or collected before 1:00pm are guaranteed for delivery nationwide on Monday.
- Packing: Any article contained in an Item shall be adequately packed as a protection against loss or damage in course of conveyance and in particular:
An article which is of fragile nature shall be packed in a container of sufficient strength and shall be surrounded in that container with sufficient and suitable material to protect the article against the effect of such concussion, pressure and knocks to which all items are ordinarily exposed in the course of conveyance, and the Item shall bear the words “"FRAGILE WITH CARE” written conspicuously in capital letters on the face of the cover above the address.
An article which is liable to be damaged by bending shall be packed in a container of sufficient strength to prevent the article from being bent in transmission by post, and the Item shall bear the words “DO NOT BEND” written conspicuously in capital letters on the face of the cover above the address.
- Once packed appropriately each Item must be presented with the Express Post Returns label which is emailed to each customer.
- To avail of the SERVICE You must
Present Your Item at a Post Office or arrange a collection through the ReturnMyShopping.ie website. The collection service is only available in Dublin.
Ensure that Your ReturnMyShopping.ie Item is adequately and properly packaged in accordance with Condition 8.
Provide Us with your name and a phone number which will be used to contact You in relation to any matters concerning the delivery of Your Item.
Pay for the Service if required by debit card or credit card online.
- The hours of collection are from 9:00am to 9:00pm on Monday to Friday only.
- Items will be collected by An Post or its agent, as agent for the Retailer.
- Items will be delivered using the Express Post service.
- When an item is presented at the Post Office counter a receipt will be issued by the officer on duty. The Item will be accepted by An Post as agent for the Retailer. Customers are advised to keep their Express Post receipts – as proof of postage.
- Since We are the agent for the Retailer, it will not be possible for You to redirect the Item to another address.
- We are careful to treat the privacy of Our customers with care and with due regard to the laws of Ireland, including Data Protection legislation. The details supplied by You, including your personal data and your payment details, will be used and retained by US solely for the purpose of providing the Service. For more details, please see An Post‘s Data Protection policy including our Privacy Statement and Web Policy which are available on the An Post website at www.anpost.ie.
- Your indemnity:
In consideration of Us providing the Service You will indemnify Us and keep Us fully and effectively indemnified on demand from and against any and all losses, claims, damages, costs, charges, expenses, liabilities, demands, proceedings and actions which We may sustain or incur, or which may be brought or established against Us by any person, which in any case arise out of or in relation to or by reason of Your use of the Service in breach of any of these terms and conditions.
- This agreement is governed by the laws of Ireland and is subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Irish courts.
- We reserve the right to decline an application for the Service or to cancel, discontinue or terminate the Service at Our absolute discretion. In any such event We will refund the fee paid for the Service and We will have no further liability to You.
- If We are unable to provide the Service any refund due to You will be made in the same manner that You originally made payment to Us.
- This Agreement is governed by the laws of Ireland and is subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the Irish Courts.
- If you have a query please call our Customer Services Team on 01-705 7600.
First schedule - List of Prohibited Items
- The following definitions apply to this Schedule.
“Clinical Wastes” means wastes derived from the medical treatment of animals or humans or from bio-research.
“Infectious Substances” means substances which are known or are reasonably expected to contain Pathogens, and including infectious substances affecting humans, infectious substances affecting humans and animals, infectious substances affecting animals only, Clinical Wastes and biological specimens:
“Pathogens” means micro-organisms (including bacteria, viruses, rickettsia, parasites, fungi) and other agents such as prions, which can cause disease in humans or animals.
- The following items may not be included in an Item:
Any item consisting of or containing any indecent or obscene print, painting, photograph, lithograph, cinematograph film, engraving, book or card, or any other indecent or obscene article, whether similar to the above or not;
Any item consisting of, or containing any dangerous, toxic, poisonous, noxious or any Infectious Substances.
Any item consisting of or containing corrosives, acids, paint removers, oxidising substances or organic peroxides, compressed liquidized or dissolved gases, dry ice, flammable solids or liquids, materials liable to spontaneous combustion, paints, varnishes, dyes, radioactive materials, living creatures, prescribed or dangerous drugs, mercury materials, organic or biological materials likely to perish in transit;
Explosive substances of any type;
Firearms, military ordnance, replica firearms, replica or inert explosive devices.
Sharp instruments not properly protected, or any article or thing which is likely to injure any item or equipment or person in course of conveyance
Counterfeit or pirated items
We will not accept any item for transmission having thereon, or on the cover or packaging thereof, any words, marks, or designs of an indecent, obscene or offensive character;