We'll mind your mail while you’re away from home
Going on holidays? Let An Post keep your mail safe for you until you return. MailMinder will look after your post while you are away, whether you’re in Ireland or abroad.
The MailMinder service is now available online.
How does it work?
MailMinder suspends delivery of mail to your home or business while you’re away, for up to 12 weeks. Simply complete your MailMinder application online or pick up an application form and pay for the service at your local Post Office.
Or send your completed application form along with the fee, by post to
O'Connell Street Lower
We need your completed application form and payment at least five working days in advance of start date, then let us do the rest.
Step by step
We will mind your mail for less than four weeks, four to eight weeks or eight to twelve weeks. You can arrange to have the mail held for more than one address.
Apply online, download or pick up an application form from your local Post Office. Complete all necessary details including:
- The address(es) you want MailMinder to cover,
- The date of the booking
- The date you want MailMinder to begin holding your post
- The date you want to start receiving mail again
- The required fee (see the table below) & payment details
We accept the following methods of payment:
- Postal Money order
- Credit/Debit card by contacting Customer Services
- Cash when paying at your local Post Office
Payment online is by Credit/Debit card only.
- You will also need a valid email address when you apply for the MailMinder service online.
- With our address look up simply fill in the first line of your address and press the “Find Address” button.
- If you cannot find the correct address in the list of results, you can enter the address manually.
Once payment is successfull, the order details including the MailMinder reference number (a sequential number with a prefix of MMS) will be displayed.
A copy of the completed PDF form is then automatically sent to the email address that you originally entered for your reference. You then need to:
- Print and sign the PDF application form.
- Post your application form to
O'Connell Street Lower
Dublin 1, D01 F5P2
Remember to return the booking form to us at least five working days in advance.
Then sit back and enjoy your holiday - your mail will be delivered when you return!
||Per Address |
|Less than 4 weeks
|4 to 8 weeks
|8 to 12 weeks
We need at least five working days notice to make sure your application is processed quickly.
You can choose to suspend delivery to more than one address.
You can have your MailMinder application form resent by email before the service is activated by entering in your MailMinder reference number and the email address used when setting up the service.
Additionally, if you need a reminder of your MailMinder reference number, simply click the – Lost your Reference No.? link– on the Resend Form. Once you enter your email address, the most recent MailMinder reference number for this email address will be sent through.
For further information, contact Customer Service: 01 705 7600
The retained mail is delivered with the standard mail delivery on the recommencement date indicated by the customer on the application form. It is not available for collection by the customer at any time prior to, or after, this date.
Terms and conditions
- The applicant must be 18 years or older. The application is made on behalf of all residents at the address for which the service is requested.
- An Post needs at least five working days advance notice to put in place the MailMinder service (hereinafter referred to as the “Service”).
- The next date for delivery of mail will be as specified by the customer in the booking form.
- The Service is not available for delivery points shared by multiple addressees, e.g. college, boarding house or certain business premises. You agree to indemnify An Post for use of the Service in breach of this term.
- The mail will not be available for collection from the delivery service unit while the Service is in place.
- If An Post cancels the Service because it is unworkable it will refund the fee but will incur no further liability in this event.
- If the Customer cancels the Service after it has begun An Post will not refund the fee paid.
- The Service can only be cancelled by written request addressed to: An Post, Redirection Unit, Ground Floor, GPO, O'Connell Street Lower, Freepost, Dublin 1, D01 F5P2.
- The Service does not apply to items sent via An Post Parcel Service.
- All national Registered Post items must be returned to the sender within 10 days from the date of posting. International items will be held for 16 working days.
- (a) Where the customer is a limited company this form must be signed by the company secretary and at least one other director of the company.
(b) Where the customer is a partnership or associate is required (if a seperate sheet is necessary for this purpose it must be appended to this document and contain the partners' or associates signatures below the following statements: 'We have read and agree to the attached terms and conditions of the Mailminder service of An Post'). (c) An Post reserves the right to discontinue or terminate the Service at its absolute discretion.
- The maximum amount of time you can take out the Service for is twelve weeks.
- Limitation on Liability: Save where the liability of An Post is statutorily excluded the following limitations on liability for breach of this contract will apply: The liability of An Post for any direct loss or damage arising from this contract is limited to the fee paid for the service. An Post will not be liable, in any event, for any consequential or indirect loss or damage, including, without limitation, loss of income, profits, interest, utility or loss of market, however arising in respect of the Service. An Post will not be liable for any failure of this Service.
Glossary of terms