We'll mind your mail while you’re away from home
Going on holidays? Let An Post keep your mail safe for you until you return. MailMinder will look after your post while you are away, whether you’re in Ireland or abroad.
How does it work?
MailMinder suspends delivery of mail to your home or business while you’re away, for up to 12 weeks. Simply download an application form, send it, with the fee, by post to An Post, Redirection Unit, Ground Floor, GPO, O'Connell Street Lower, Freepost, Dublin 1. You can also pick up an application form at your local Post Office and pay for the service at the counter. We need your completed application form and payment at least five working days in advance of start date, then let us do the rest.
Step by step
First, decide how long you want MailMinder to suspend your delivery
- Less than four weeks
- Four to eight weeks
- Eight to twelve weeks
Choose the number of addresses you wish to cover
- You can suspend delivery to more than one address if needed
Fill out the application form, completing all necessary details such as:
- The address(es) you want MailMinder to cover
- The date of the booking
- The date you want MailMinder to begin holding your post
- The date you want to start receiving mail again
Don't forget to include:
You can pay for the service through a number of means. We accept:
- Postal Money order
- Credit/Debit card by contacting Customer Services
- Cash when paying at your local Post Office
Remember to return the booking form to us at least five working days in advance.
Then sit back and enjoy your holiday - your mail will be delivered when you return!
||Per Address |
|Less than 4 weeks
|4 to 8 weeks
|8 to 12 weeks
We need at least five working days notice to make sure your application is processed quickly.
You can choose to suspend delivery to more than one address.
For further information, contact Customer Service: 1850 57 58 59
The retained mail is delivered with the standard mail delivery on the recommencement date indicated by the customer on the application form. It is not available for collection by the customer at any time prior to, or after, this date.
Terms and conditions
- The applicant must be 18 years or older. The application is made on behalf of all residents at the address for which the service is requested.
- An Post needs at least five working days advance notice to put in place the MailMinder service (hereinafter referred to as the “Service”).
- The next date for delivery of mail will be as specified by the customer in the booking form.
- The Service is not available for delivery points shared by multiple addressees, e.g. college, boarding house or certain business premises. You agree to indemnify An Post for use of the Service in breach of this term.
- The mail will not be available for collection from the delivery service unit while the Service is in place.
- If An Post cancels the Service because it is unworkable it will refund the fee but will incur no further liability in this event.
- If the Customer cancels the Service after it has begun An Post will not refund the fee paid.
- The Service can only be cancelled by written request addressed to: An Post, Redirection Unit, Ground Floor, GPO, O'Connell Street Lower, Freepost, Dublin 1.
- The Service does not apply to items sent via An Post Parcel Service.
- All national Registered Post items must be returned to the sender within 10 days from the date of posting. International items will be held for 16 working days.
- (a) Where the customer is a limited company this form must be signed by the company secretary and at least one other director of the company.
(b) Where the customer is a partnership or associate is required (if a seperate sheet is necessary for this purpose it must be appended to this document and contain the partners' or associates signatures below the following statements: 'We have read and agree to the attached terms and conditions of the Mailminder service of An Post'). (c) An Post reserves the right to discontinue or terminate the Service at its absolute discretion.
- The maximum amount of time you can take out the Service for is twelve weeks.
- Limitation on Liability: Save where the liability of An Post is statutorily excluded the following limitations on liability for breach of this contract will apply: The liability of An Post for any direct loss or damage arising from this contract is limited to the fee paid for the service. An Post will not be liable, in any event, for any consequential or indirect loss or damage, including, without limitation, loss of income, profits, interest, utility or loss of market, however arising in respect of the Service. An Post will not be liable for any failure of this Service.
Glossary of terms