An Post Smart Account - It Pays to be Smart
The easy way to manage your money
Now more than ever you can stay in control of your finances, thanks to the clever and easy to use features of the Smart Account - Account Wallets and Smart MoneyBack.
Apply online or in any Smart Account Post Office, to complete your application please bring proof of name and address to any Smart Account Post Office.
How does it work?
Smart Account has two main differences compared with other current accounts, MoneyBack and Wallets. These allow you to get money back on everyday transactions and to plan by putting money aside using the wallets. Of course the Smart Account has all the traditional features of a current account allowing you to conveniently transfer money online, get salary payments lodged, send and receive funds from other bank accounts, check balances and transfer to Account Wallets.
The An Post Smart Account Wallet is designed to help you budget more effectively. Your smart account has two wallets that you can use online to put funds aside to keep for a rainy day, pay bills or use for that special event.
These Wallets are designed to enable you to set aside some of your funds for important regular payments.
The Smart Account from An Post actually gives you money back – not discounts or vouchers or prize draws. Real money – and it’s really easy. When you use your Smart Account Debit Card at selected retailers, your account will be credited on a monthly basis. All you have to do is shop with any of our selected Smart MoneyBack partners using your Smart Account Debit Card.
- 5% back on all Lidl transactions of €25 or more
- 10% back on direct debit bills with the SSE Airtricity MoneyBack plan
- 8% back on in-store and online spend with Intersport Elverys
- 5% back on all holidays with Sunway
- 10% back on direct payments to Oxendales
- 5% back on all direct payments to Post Insurance for car and home insurance
- 7.5% back on hotel bookings with GreatBreaks.ie
- 5% back on all books bought online with Kennys.ie
- 5% back on all purchases with OutdoorLiving.ie
Step by Step
- Apply for your Smart Account online or pick up a Smart Account application form in your nearest participating Post Office.
- You will need to bring proof of identity and proof of address to your nearest participating Post Office.
- Proof of identity (EU Driving Licence, or Passport).
- Proof of address (Household Bill, Bank Statement, or Correspondence from Revenue Commissioners/Department of Social Protection) dated within the last six months.
- You will then receive your Smart Account Debit Card and Welcome Pack in the post within 5-7 working days.
- Call 01 705 8000 to activate your card and receive your PIN.
- Once your card is activated you can avail of the Smart Account online services by registering at smartaccount.ie.
- Download and use the An Post Smart Account App, available free from the App Store® or on Google Play™.
A monthly fee of €5.00 applies to the Smart Account.
This includes one withdrawal in a Post Office per week and unlimited Point of Sale transactions, including Cash Back transactions with participating retailers, Online Purchases, Credit Transfers and Direct Debits in the Eurozone.
Fees for individual transactions such as ATM’s are debited from accounts at the time of use.
Apply online at smartaccount.ie or call into your local participating Smart Account Post Office to setup your new Smart Account today. Visit smartaccount.ie to find your nearest participating Post Office.
Terms and ConditionsTerms and Conditions for the An Post Smart Account service.