Need a new passport quickly?
Avoid the delays and get your new passport in 10 days for a charge of €9.00 - plus passport fee - by calling into your nearest Post Office.
How does it work?
Call into your local post offices and complete your application which we will deliver to the passport office for priority handling. In 10 working days your new passport will be sent to you.
Step by step
- First pick up a passport application form at any Post Office or Garda Station
- Complete the passport application form
Advice on how to fill in the form is given in the notes that accompany it. Information is also available on the Passport Service website (new window) www.passport.ie
- Hand your application, and all relevant documentation, passport photos and signatures, in the special Passport Express envelope, (supplied at the point of transaction) to the counter clerk
- Pay by laser card, debit card, cash or cheque (made payable to An Post and presented with a cheque guarantee card)
- Keep the receipt the clerk gives you. This is important because it contains a record of the passport application number
- This number is an important reference point for any queries which you may have with the Passport Service
- It can also be used to track the progress of your passport application online available on the Passport Service website (new window) www.passport.ie
How much?Administration fees for handling and Express postage and processing of passport applications is as follows:
| Single Application
| Up to four applications
Passport fees under the Passport Express service from 5th March 2012 are as follows:
|Standard 10 year Passport ( 18 years +)
|3 year Passport for infants (up to age 3)
|5 year Passport (for ages 3 to 17 years)
Check when your passport expires and use the Passport eReminder Service at (new window) www.passport.ie. Register your name and the expiry date of your passport with the Passport Service, and you will receive a reminder email three months before your passport is due to expire.
For more information
For information on passport application requirements please visit (new window) www.passport.ie or call the recorded information line LoCall 1890 426 800.
To check the progress of a passport application, it is important you have the passport application number when contacting the Passport Service.
You can check the progress of your passport application:
For information on the Passport Express service see our Terms and Conditions, or contact An Post Customer Services on 1850 57 58 59.
If you are going on holiday and don't want your mail piling up while you're away, check out our MailMinder service which looks after all your post until your return
Terms and conditions
- Up to four passport applications can be sent together in one Passport Express envelope.
- All passport applications are processed in accordance with the Passports Act, 2008.
- Passport Express provides a next working day delivery service to the Passport Service for applications submitted to Post Offices.
- Passport Express provides a next working day delivery service in respect of the daily collection of passports from the Passport Service to applicants.
- Subject to terms 6 to 9 below, the Passport Service has 10 working days, exclusive of weekends and public holidays, from receipt of an application to issue a passport.
- The 10 working day service will not apply to any incomplete or incorrectly filled application.
- The 10 working day service will not apply to any application that cannot be processed under the terms of the Passports Act, 2008.
- Passport Express cannot guarantee delivery of passport if required in less than 10 working days.
- On exceptional occasions where extenuating circumstances exist for the Passport Service, the 10 working day service for Passport Express may have to be extended for a temporary period. Notice of this change and its likely duration will be published in the national press and on the Passport Service website (new window) www.passport.ie.
Available from all Garda stations and from Post Offices which provide the Passport Express service.
Glossary of Terms