The theme for this year's challenge is: St. Patrick's Day.
Find out what St. Patrick's weekend, handwriting and great fun have in common from these junior infants in Scoil Bhríde BNS, Blanchardstown, Dublin 15.
The writing competition, images and extract used by the pupils are a chance to learn about the origins and traditions associated with this day.
How to enter
1. Learn about your topic
Below is a lesson plan, which focuses on the theme of St. Patrick's Day. Use this lesson plan to help you write your competition entry.
Lesson Plan - English and History - About St. Patrick's Day
2. Entry Guidlines
IMPORTANT NOTE: Before you start writing your entry, make sure to read the entry guidelines which explain:
- How handwriting will be judged
- The word count for each category
Entry guidelines for category 1, 2, 3 and 4 (PDF)
Entry guidelines for special category (PDF)
3. Get writing!
Download the entry template for your category
Category 1 use this entry template
Category 2, 3 and 4 all use this entry template
- Category 1: Junior infants and senior infants
- Category 2: First class and second class
- Category 3: Third class and fourth class
- Category 4: Fifth class and sixth class
Wide line spacing entry template. This template has extra wide line spacing.
Teachers: It is important to clearly mark on both templates:
- whether the student is at primary or secondary school
- what category the entry is in
- include the relevant information in the space provided, if the entry is being judged as a special award.
Teachers, please print/ photocopy one entry template (in black and white) for each pupil in the class.
Pupils from the same class may complete the competition in English, Irish or any other latin based language taught in the school.
**Complete the entry template in your best handwriting**
4. Return class entries
Return the top entry from each class/ category to the INTO staff representative in your school.
Competition Entry Form for INTO staff representative
5. Staff INTO representatives
Use the freepost return envelope provided and the competition entry form, to post all your school's entries to us at:
PO BOX 11201