The Delivery Team
This page teaches students about how the post is delivered. Peter the Postman explains a day in the life of a postman right from when he sets off on his bike to deliver the letters.
The lesson plan activity asks students to summarise everything they have learned in this section from the collection of the post to the sorting to the delivery. This lesson plan activity can be done in English class as a creative writing activity or even as a question and answer session.
Test your memory
Step by step journey of a letter
- Buy a stamp at the Post Office
- Mail goes into postbox
- Mail is collected by the postman
- Scanned by postman so the mail centre knows he has collected the mail from that postbox.
- Postman puts mail into the van and brings it to the mail centre
- Letters are sorted in a big sorting machine
- Bigger parcels are sorted separately in the mail centre
- All the mail is put into cages and brought to delivery offices by vans and trucks
- Postman picks up the mail from the delivery offices
- S/he delivers the mail by van, bike or foot
- The mail arrives through the letterbox!