The Delivery Team
This page explains the mails and delivery process.
The lesson plan activity here can be used in conjunction with English class as a question and answers session, a memory test or as a creative writing exercise. Students are asked to write down as much as they can remember about the journey of the mail from when it is collected right through to when it is delivered.
Test yourself about the journey of a letter
Step by step journey of a letter :
- Buy a stamp at the Post Office
- Mail goes into post box
- Mail is collected by the postman
- Mail is scanned by postman so the mail centre knows he has collected the mail from that post box.
- Postman puts mail into the van and brings it to the mail centre
- Letters are sorted in a big sorting machine
- Bigger parcels are sorted separately in the mail centre
- All the mail is put into cages and brought to delivery offices by vans and trucks
- Postman picks up the mail from the delivery offices
- S/he delivers the by van, bike or foot
- The mail arrives through the letterbox!