Win return flights to European Cities
Send money with Western Union from selected Post Offices and be in with a chance to win*
How does it work?
Send money using Western Union at your local participating Post Office between December 29, 2016 and January 31, 2017.
Step by Step
To get your entry form for the return flights for 2 to Selected European Flights Western Union competition:
- Send money through Western Union at your local participating Post Office between December 29, 2016 and January 31, 2017.
- You will then be given an entry form for the competition
- Fill out the entry form and post it to the address on the back of the form
- All entries must be sent back by February 6, 2017 to be in with a chance to win.
By participating in this promotion you, the customer agrees to the Terms and Conditions below.
In these Terms and Conditions:
“An Post” means An Post having its registered office at GPO, O’Connell Street, Dublin 1, D01 F5P2;
“Eligible Customer “means a customer who completes an Eligible Transaction.
“Eligible Transaction” means Western Union® send money in minutes or money the next day transaction or any Postmobile transaction completed during the promotional period at a participating Post Office. Details of participating Post Offices are available from An Post’s website at www.anpost.ie/WesternUnionEurope
“Promotional Period” means the period between the 29th December 2016 and 31st January 2017 (inclusive)
“The Promotion” means a promotion whereby an Eligible Customer may enter a draw to win the value of a return flight for two people to Selected European Cities as described at clause 2 below.
“The Promoter” means Western Union.
“Competition Entry Form” means a form provided by An Post to an Eligible Customer to allow him/her to enter the Promotion
- The Promotion is a Western Union customer reward promotion operated by An Post whereby an Eligible Customer will receive a Competition entry form on completion of an Eligible Transaction. The Competition Entry Form enables him/her to enter into a draw to win the value of a return flight for two to Selected European Cities (valued at €400 per person). Valid entries will be collated and prize winners will be drawn by An Post on behalf of the Promoter. There will be multiple prize winners as there will be 3 prizes to be won – i.e. 3 winners can win return flights for two people to Selected European Cities.
- Closing date and competition address – Entry forms must be posted in a stamped envelope addressed to
“Western Union Competition, PO Box 11489, Dublin 1”
to arrive not later than Monday 6th February 2017.
- Prizes will be awarded in the form of a cheque for €800 payable to the individual name on the selected winning Competition Entry Form. Prizes will be payable only to the person named on the winning Competition Entry Form.
- On receipt of a Competition Entry Form it is the responsibility of the Eligible Customer to complete the form and post it to the address shown to be entered into the draw.
- Neither Western Union nor An Post is liable for the replacement of any lost, damaged or stolen Competition Entry Forms.
- By participating in the promotion you the Eligible Customer acknowledges that the contract for this promotion is between you and An Post only and that Western Union has no liability to you in any way including for loss, damage or expense suffered by you due to oversights, delays or failures in the provision of the promotion or breach of contract or negligence in relation to the promotion.
- By participating in the promotion you the Eligible Customer agrees that An Post accepts no responsibility for loss, damage or expense suffered by you due to oversights or delays or failures in the provision of the promotion or for breach of contract or negligence in relation to the promotion or service issues for which it has no direct responsibility.
- An Post in its absolute discretion may withdraw the Promotion from all or any participating Post Office locations at any time.
- The draw for the winners will be made on Tuesday 7th February 2017 from all valid and correct entries. The winner names will be announced on Friday 10th February 2017.
- Winners will be notified via telephone.
- An Post reserves the right to substitute the prize for a prize (or prizes) of equivalent or greater monetary value if this is necessary for reasons beyond its control.
- An Post will not be liable for prizes that do not reach the winners for reasons beyond An Post’s reasonable control.
- If any winner is not able, for whatever reason, to accept a prize, or cannot be contacted within one week after the draw date, An Post reserves the right to award the prize to another entrant in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
- An Post’s decision (and, where appropriate, any judges’ decisions) shall be final and binding in all respects on all entrants. No correspondence will be entered into. Entries that do not comply in full with these terms and conditions will be disqualified.
- Except in the case of death or personal injury arising from its negligence, or in respect of fraud, and so far as is permitted by law, An Post and its associated companies and agents exclude responsibility and all liabilities arising from:
a) any postponement or cancellation of any draw to which these terms and conditions relate;
b) any change to, supply of, or use of the prize;
c) any act or default of any third party supplier,
which is beyond An Post’s reasonable control.
- An Post will use each winner’s, and each entrant’s, personal details for the purpose of administering this draw.
- By participating in this Promotion you agree that Western Union may store, retrieve, access, process, transmit and otherwise use the information that you have provided in connection with your participating in the Promotion. Western Union will use your information in accordance with all applicable Data Protection legislation.
- Prize Winners agree to take part in additional unpaid publicity (including photographic shoots and interviews) accompanying or resulting from the Promotion should the Western Union or An Post require them to do so. Western Union shall be entitled (but not obliged) to use the name, biography and likeness of the winner(s) in connection with the Promotion for any advertising, publicity and editorial purposes in any media throughout the world.
- If for any reason this Promotion is not capable of running as planned, including due to vandalism, power failure, natural disasters, acts of God, civil unrest, strikes, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of An Post, which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or integrity or proper conduct of this Promotion An Post may (where necessary with the approval of the relevant government authority) cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion and/or may disqualify at its sole discretion any individual in any way involved in interfering or tampering with the conduct of the Promotion
- An Post reserves the right to amend these Terms and Conditions at any time.
- This Promotion, and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with it, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with Irish law. You irrevocably agree that the courts of Ireland shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim that arises out of or in connection with this Promotion.
These Terms and Conditions do not affect your statutory rights.